“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”–1 Thessalonians 5:18
Today’s preaching was titled “Optional Living or Obligated Living” by Pastor Diego Mesa. This was such an awakening because he preached about how many want options in Christianity, much like in life. We cannot live in an optional life, always seeking our own desires when we must live to seek the will of God.
What is the will of God? The Pastor provides a few examples:
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3 for Sexual Purity.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 for being thankful, grateful, appreciative.
- Hebrews 10:36 for Being Patient.
- 1 Peter 2:13-16 to live orderly.
- 1 Peter 4:19 to suffer by crucifying the flesh an living an obedient life to Christ.
He ended it with a great tester, “if it doesn’t feel right, then it most likely isn’t the will of God.” Flipping a coin, asking for a sign, rolling dice are all things that are not going to help determine if things are the will of God. We have the Holy Spirit guiding us that keeps us on check, but after a while, after pushing it aside, we will eventually not have it keeping us on check. We will pass it. So true!