Did you know that the Eiffel Tower was originally made for Barcelona, Spain?
It has been stated that Spain refused it. These days, who doesn’t associate the Eiffel Tower with beauty? It wasn’t always the case. I found 10 great facts that you may not have known about the Eiffel Tower. I didn’t include the detailed information, but I did include the website if you’d like to check it out. Oh, Paris, how I would love to go to Paris.
1. The Eiffel Tower was once yellow.
2. It was built to celebrate the centennial of the French Revolution.
3. For four decades it was the world’s tallest structure.
4. The Eiffel Tower was once the world’s largest billboard.
5. Eiffel designed part of another famous landmark.
6. Parisian artists petitioned against the “monstrous” structure.
7. Radio saved the Eiffel Tower from destruction.
8. The Eiffel Tower contributed to the capture of Mata Hari.
9. The tower housed a scientific laboratory.
10. Daredevils have died attempting aerial feats at the tower.